The INC believes that all actors throughout the supply chain can take action to tangibly improve and communicate how the industry has an impact on sustainability and contributes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Therefore, this 2023 the INC is proud to launch the award for Excellence in Sustainability!
This award aims to recognize projects and companies/organizations who show outstanding achievements and inspiration in the field of sustainability. The winner will be announced at the 40th World Nut and Dried Fruit Congress in London, May 22-24, 2023. Open only to INC members attending the Congress, this is a unique opportunity to reach 1000+ participants from 60+ countries, and highlight your company’s reputation in sustainability. In addition, the winner will be featured in the NUTFRUIT magazine and Congress video.
Given that sustainability is a very wide topic with cross-cutting issues, the INC has identified five Focus
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the most relevant for the nut and dried fruit industry: Goals 2, 6, 12, 13 and 15. The projects must be relevant to at least one of the five INC Focus SDGs in order to be eligible.
- All projects must be submitted using the Application Form. Due date for submission is April 15, 2023. The Application Form must be sent as one single PDF e-mail attachment before April 15, 2023, at 12:00 (noon) CET, to Irene Gironès. Download Application Form.
- This award is open only to INC members attending the 40th World Nut and Dried Fruit Congress in London, May 22-24, 2023.
- Only one project per applicant may be submitted.
- To be eligible, the projects must be relevant to at least one of the five INC Focus SDGs.
- It will be necessary for any project admissible for the award to be completed within the last two years before the deadline for application.
The information provided in the Application Form might be published in INC communication channels, including INC’s website, newsletter, magazine, etc.
The INC may request further information about the project during the evaluation period.
Selection and announcement:
The projects will be assessed on the basis of their interest, relevance, impact and innovative approach, among other things. Experts from the INC Leadership will review and select the winner, which will be announced at the 40th World Nut and Dried Fruit Congress in London, May 22-24, 2023.
For further information, please contact Irene Gironès, Statistics and Technical Projects Manager.